• A  A  A  

What to do if you believe your accommodation is at risk

YMCA Thames Gateway provides accommodation but does not provide housing advice to non-residents.

If you are at risk of losing your accommodation or are already homeless you should contact the Housing Advice Service of your local authority, who will provide you with free advice.

Local authorities offer a range of services to help people of all ages and circumstances.  In some cases they may also have a duty to provide you with emergency accommodation.


London Borough of Barking & Dagenham

London Borough of Greenwich

London Borough of Havering

London Borough of Newham

London Borough of Redbridge

Dartford Borough Council

Ashford Borough Council

Gravesham Borough Council

London Borough of Bexley                                                                            

Additional independent advice

Independent housing advice can also be obtained free of charge from Shelter or your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau.

Other organisations

No Second Night Out focuses on helping those who find themselves rough sleeping in London for the first time.  The organisation aims to provide an offer that means a person does not have to sleep out for a second night.

If you are at risk of homelessness due to domestic abuse then Women’s Aid may be able to help you.

London Street Rescue work with those sleeping rough on London’s streets. They can come and make an assessment of your needs, where you are staying and help guide you into emergency or longer-term accommodation.

Shelter can provide advice and support to those with housing related issues including homelessness.

Do you think you know of someone sleeping rough?

You can contact Streetlink 24/7 to make a rough sleeping report to ensure someone sleeping rough gets help to move away from the streets.