Our new schedule is now live and bookable online!
Please note that our new schedule goes live from Saturday, 5 September, and is bookable a week in advance. We are aware of a few discrepancies between the new schedule and the online booking system and are doing our best to resolve these asap!
Every session – whether it’s a visit to the gym, or a class – must now be booked in advance via the link below. No walk-ins will be allowed. This is to ensure that we are able to manage the number of people on-site as well as the track and trace guidance we are obliged to follow.
In order to make online bookings, you will need to have a valid member log-in and pin number. Both of which can be obtained from our branch in If you don’t know your PIN, don’t worry – simply email email@example.com or call 01708 766211.
- Acceptance of your booking does not guarantee further bookings.
- YMCA Romford reserves the right to refuse or restrict access at their discretion.
It is unfortunate that at times we may have to cancel or change planned activities. We will endeavour to give at least 4 hours’ notice of this but in exceptional circumstances that may be out of our control this may not always be the case.
From time to time we may have to make changes to our activities, the location in which they take place, and or opening hours; this may be due to safety reasons, maintenance or special events. Where possible we will always aim to communicate changes to our members using different mediums.
Continual failure to turn up to pre-booked classes may result in the member being charged a dishonour fee. Twenty four hours notice will need to be given so that this place can be allotted to someone on the waiting list.
Data Protection Act
1. YMCA Romford is a data controller under the Data Protection Act. We hold information for the purposes specified in our notification made to the information commissioner. We may give information to others. If we do, it will only be as the law permits, to:
- Check accuracy of information
- Prevent or detect crime
- Protect public funds
2. We may check information we receive about you with what is already in our records. This can include information provided by you as well as by others such as government departments and agencies. We will not give information about you to anyone outside of the organisation unless the law permits us to do so.