- You – the lead member
- Your entire membership – your membership and all your linked members
- YMCATGG – YMCA Thames Gateway Group
- Family membership – includes 2 adults and 3 children (up to the age of 15)
- Junior membership – up to the age of 15 years old
You can change your mind about being a member even after you have submitted your application. You will lose the right either seven working days after making the application, or the first time that you or any linked member enters the club to use the facilities, whichever happens first. You will then be bound by the full terms and conditions. We strongly recommend that you take the time to read and understand the full terms and conditions before you make the application. You must be 16 years of age to sign up for YMCATGG membership and attend the facilities unaccompanied.
MEMBERSHIP, FEES AND FEE INCREASES
Your membership is calculated in whole calendar months. You can pay monthly by direct debit or yearly.
If you pay monthly, we will take the direct debit at the beginning or middle of the month depending on when you join; each direct debit covers that month’s membership.
If you pay yearly, the payment covers the following 12 months membership, but your membership will not end automatically after the 12-month period. It will only end if you give us notice. Otherwise you will have to pay the fees for each month that you continue to be a member. Annual membership is non-refundable.
Your membership will have a lead member who will sign the application. It can have linked members who can be adults and children.
The lead member and any linked adult members who sign the application are responsible for paying the fees.
We can increase our fees automatically each year by up to 1% above the rate of inflation according to Retail Prices Index, or by 3%, whichever is higher. If we do this, the new fees will come into force on 1st January each year. If we want to increase the fees by more than this, we will give you at least the same notice that you have to give us to end your membership. We may also increase our fees to take account of increase in VAT where applicable.
If you fall behind with your membership payments for 30 days, we will charge you an administration fee of £40.00. We will also charge an administration fee of £10.00 for each missed payment. We may also prevent you and any linked members from entering the YMCA.
Throughout the year you can freeze your membership; to do this we will require a month’s notice for direct debit members and £5.00 admin fee will be charged for each month that you freeze your membership. Annual members can also freeze their membership. A payment of £5.00 administration per month can be paid over the counter for the months you would like to freeze for and your renewal date will change to reflect this. Cancelled members that would like to re-join again can re-join after three months.
ENDING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
You can end your membership only by giving us 30 days written notice. If you stop paying, but do not give notice, you will continue to have to pay your fees.
Giving us notice means writing to us or sending an email, telling us that you want to end your membership. Where we require you to give one calendar months’ notice or more, your notice will run from the first day of the month following the date when we receive your notice. For example, if we ask you to give one months’ notice and we receive your notice on 23 June, it will start on 1 July, it will run out on 31 July.
You must continue to pay your fees until your membership ends.
The only person/s who can give notice to end an entire membership is the lead member and linked adult members who signed the application.
ENDING YOUR MEMBERSHIP EARLY
You can end your membership at any time in the following circumstances:
- You suffer a medical condition which means you are unable to use the YMCATGG sports facilities (this does not include pregnancy, but does include a medical condition arising during pregnancy)
- You lose your employment or are declared insolvent
- You are being relocated in your employment to a location which is more than 20 miles from YMCATGG
- You are moving home more than 20 miles from YMCATGG
- You satisfy us that there has been a change in your *personal circumstances, other than those listed above, which means that it is no longer reasonable for you to use the YMCATGG facilities or to be a member.
In relation to any of the circumstances listed above, your membership ends on the last day of the month in which we receive your notice along with suitable evidence of your change of circumstances, whichever is later.
SWITCHING MEMBERSHIP TYPE
Direct Debit members can upgrade or downgrade their membership throughout the year. Upgrades can be done instantly with the additional fee being paid over the counter for the remaining month, prior to changing the direct debit fee.
For Direct Debit members downgrading their membership, one month’s notice must be given.
Annual members can upgrade their membership during the 12 months and pay the remaining difference of the upgrade over the counter or change their membership type at the point of renewal. Annual members can downgrade their membership at the point of renewal only.
PURCHASING ADDITIONAL SERVICES
Purchasing additional services are non-refundable; for example, Personal Training sessions or vouchers which must be used within 12 months of purchase.
OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP
We can cancel membership if:
- you or your guest uses rude or abusive language
- you or your guest threatens to use violent or aggressive behaviour
- you repeatedly break the terms and conditions of membership
- you allow another person to use your membership card to enter YMCATGG; or
- we believe that your continued membership of YMCATGG is not in the interest of other members
- you or your guest are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
If we cancel your membership we will refund any unused month fees, less any reasonable costs we have had to pay in connection with the incident.
OUR RIGHT TO CHANGE THE AGREEMENT AND THE FACILITIES ON OFFER
We can make the following changes:
- Close YMCATGG H&W facilities permanently or change its location – by giving you at least three months’ notice
- Permanently change the membership offer by giving you one months’ notice
- Change the opening times of YMCATGG H&W facilities – by giving you one months’ notice
- Change the terms and conditions and rules and regulations for the use of the YMCATGG – by giving you one months’ notice
- Close the YMCATgG H&W facilities up to seven days without a refund.