Do you have a passion to make a difference to the lives of young people and local communities in the Essex, Kent and London areas? YMCA Thames Gateway Group is seeking a Director of Communities to spearhead our work with Children and Families; Youth; Customer Services; and Health and Wellbeing.
Joining our team is an opportunity to be part of a global movement that is inclusive, diverse and forward-thinking. YMCA is the largest and oldest charity working with young people in the world. Across England there are 114 YMCAs, and YMCA Thames Gateway Group is one of the 10 largest.
We are dedicated to helping people reach their full potential in mind, body and spirit. We provide support to around 10,000 people in our local communities through a diverse range of services including supported and move-on housing; health and wellbeing activities; and childcare, youth and family work.
We are on an exciting growth trajectory. Our turnover has increased from £3.5 million to £10 million over the last few years, and we are shortly launching a new five-year strategy focused on strengthening and developing our existing work, whilst continuing to achieve our growth and impact ambitions.
We seek a Director of Communities to join our outstanding executive team, to take a lead in ensuring that our work continues to support local communities and has proven outcomes in allowing young people, children and members to belong, contribute and thrive.
We are looking for a relational and strategic leader of people who:
- is motivated by a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young people and local communities
- has strong senior management experience, inspiring others to reach their potential and excel in delivering results
- is able to work collaboratively across diverse teams and a broad range of contexts to drive continuous improvement and deliver excellent, joined-up services
- brings strong commercial awareness and financial acumen to the management of services
- knows what ‘Good’ looks like in either children’s, youth or health and fitness services and is able to deliver it.
The Director of Communities will work across all YMCA Thames Gateway Group sites. There is also some flexibility offered around home working as and when appropriate.
For further details, please download our Appointment Details pack.
Application is by submission of CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
and must be received by 9am on Friday 8th April 2022. Please contact Laura via email if you have any questions about this opportunity.